Need some simple Halloween ideas for your last minute plans?! Look no further! We’ve got some easy ideas for food, fun, and costumes that are ready to be whipped up!
There are some years that I feel like going all out for some Halloween fun. But then there are also so many years when I’m struggling with so much of ‘life’ going on that I can barely even pull together some costumes for my kids… let alone come up with any extra ideas for some fun activities to enjoy some family bonding time.
Oye. Life. We make it so complicated sometimes!
So in an effort to pull in those reigns and refocus on some family togetherness and memories, I’ve gathered up a handful of fun Halloween ideas that are simple and can be pulled off last minute. No need for extra stress! 😉
Simple Halloween Food Ideas
- Mummy Dogs with Spiderweb dipping sauce– from Simply JAD. A simple Halloween dinner the whole family can get involved in making!
- Pumpkin Veggie Tray– from Keeping the Peas. A super cute and easy way to add the obligatory veggies to your Halloween dinner!
- 7-Layer Spiderweb Dip– from Chelsea’s Messy Apron. Super simple to come together (most layers are store bought items), but this makes a very fun and tasty statement!
- Spooky Pizza Monsters– from Recettes.net. The recipe is in another language, but you get the idea. Use a pre-made crust if that makes it easier. But an extra fun part would be to let each family member have their own small crust and decorate their own scary monster! (I can see this becoming a new Halloween tradition in our family. ☺️)
- Homemade Halloween Oreos– from Simply JAD. Don’t forget dessert! These come together in a snap, but look like they took forever. But even better, they taste devilishly delicious!!
- Monster Munch Halloween Popcorn– from Our Best Bites. Salty and sweet and super delicious! A perfect snack for those Halloween movies!
Easy Halloween Activities for the Family
- Halloween Charades, Pictionary, and BINGO– from Simply JAD. Just print and play!
- “You’ve Been Boo’d”– from Simply JAD. Spread some Halloween cheer with the whole family getting involved. Make some goodies, print out the tags, and off you go!
- Halloween Minute-To-Win-It Games!– from UCreate. Minute-To-Win-It games are awesome because they take very little effort to throw together and often use things you already have at home. Not to mention…the whole family is sure to be laughing through the night! (You can also search for more Halloween Minute-to-win-it style games… there are a lot of fun and creative ideas!)
- Wanna just relax? Have a Halloween Movie Marathon! Check out this fun Halloween movie list from Slap Dash Mom. There’s a few on there I might now show to my littles (i.e. Beetlejuice), but it’s a pretty family friendly list. Enjoy these movies with some of the yummy Halloween food you prepared above, and you are all set for a family celebration at home!
- Put on some Halloween music and have a monster BASH! Here’s a fun list of Disney Halloween music (from Making Time for Mommy) for the whole family to enjoy. This would be fun to do with some Halloween baking going on as well! (i.e. for the “You’ve Been Boo’d” activity! 😉)
Cute & Clever Last Minute Halloween Costumes
- A “Holy Cow!”- from Simply JAD. We just got a white shirt and hot glued on some black felt ‘splotches’. We made a cow bell out of foam board (although she didn’t want to wear it 😜), and made a simple halo based loosely on these directions. Took about 30 minutes to throw this together.
- “Oh Deer”- Brown shirt & pants, antler headband, and hot glue the word “Oh” to your shirt. Boom!
- “Holy Guacamole!“- Green shirt, and either hot glue an oval made of brown felt in the center to be the avocado pit or put pictures of avocados on the shirt (if you want to make it more obvious), and add a halo (DIY instructions)! Carrying a bag of tortilla chips wouldn’t hurt either. 😝
- A “fork in the road“- Wearing all black, add some short pieces of duct tape in a strip up your body (imitating the center dashed line of a road). Then glue a plastic fork onto your shirt.
- A “Social Butterfly”– Wearing all black, print out and hot glue some of the social icons across your shirt (i.e. the Facebook ‘F’, the Pinterest ‘P’, the Instagram ‘camera’ icon, etc.), and add a pair of butterfly wings (cheap ones are available at the dollar store)!
- “A Blessing In Disguise“!- haha! This is one of my faves! So funny. Simply put the word disguise on your shirt, and then add all sorts of ‘disguise’ clothes… but probably most importantly the glasses/nose combo (which can usually be found at the dollar store).
So whether you’re going all out on Halloween this year, or just treading water and hoping for a little bit of family fun time, hopefully you can utilize these ideas in making some extra wonderful family memories this Halloween!
From our family to yours… we hope you have a super fun, perfectly safe, and low stress Happy Halloween!